Sunday, February 3, 2013

Introduction to tell you why

When I look back at growing up “Aqualand” it sometimes feels like it must have been a dream. I know for sure my sisters and I were the richest kids in school, the luckiest on show and tell day and had more playmates than anyone else. When I say richest, I mean in experiences- seemed like we Wilsie girls were envied by all the kids. We had wolves and cougars in the kitchen and fed baby crows, skunks and porcupine their meals as our after-school chores. Bringing one of these little friends to show and tell was quite a hit, and inviting a friend for a sleep over was always an accepted invitation, though sometimes we wanted our friends to hang out more with us- not our oodles of animals. As we got older we learned the responsibility of being committed to another living thing at all times, not just when it was convenient. We learned to work hard, be loyal and to trust each other. As my husband and I look forward to opening the Aqualand Ale House, I am committed to recapturing the story from the beginning. Beginning with my grandfather Perry “Pat” Wilsie, I will try to paint a picture of how and why Aqualand came to be. By spring, I hope to be present, ready to tell a new story as Aqualand Ale House opens the doors to new friends where new memories will be made.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to more posts and especially the opening of the Alehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to read the next step on this adventure!

    ReplyDelete